We recommend you print and use these directions. Navigation systems with postcode input are not accurate in the country lanes.
Trefanny Hill, Duloe, Cornwall, PL14 4QF
Latitude: 50.389155 Longitude: -4.523302
- Take the M5 to EXETER. At EXETER follow the A38 direction Plymouth. Continue on the A38 for approximately 50 miles.
- Follow the A38 through Plymouth and cross the River Tamar via the suspension bridge to SALTASH. Continue on the A38 through the villages LANDRAKE (5 miles from Saltash) and then TIDEFORD (6.5 miles from Saltash).
- About one mile after TIDEFORD on the A38 you will reach TRERULEFOOT roundabout. Here take the first exit (left) onto the A374 direction LOOE. Follow the A374 for 1.3 miles, then turn right onto the A387 direction LOOE.
- Follow the A387 for 2 miles and pass through HESSENFORD. Approximately 1.2 miles after HESSENFORD follow the road as it bends to the left and becomes the B3253. Take the B3253 direction LOOE / POLPERRO.
- After 3.2 miles you will reach a STOP junction. Turn left towards LOOE on the A387. Follow the A387 through LOOE (about ½ a mile) and right over the bridge. After the bridge continue right up the hill on the A387 following the signs for PELYNT. After 2.3 miles turn right onto the B3359 towards PELYNT.
- Follow the road for 2 miles and then through PELYNT village.
Go slowly, you are about to turn off to the right!
- After the last house on the right the road will bend to the left (towards LANREATH, LERRYN and BODDINNICK). Here turn right following the sign for TREFANNY HILL /MUCHLARNICK.
- Follow the lane, after 0.3 miles the lane separates, take the left lane. Continue for almost a mile until driving up hill you come into the hamlet TREFANNY HILL
- Follow the road up the hill through the hamlet. The second left turning is a narrow lane, turn into the lane and Hill House will be on your right, with a white gate.
- Continue up the lane about 40 yards and turn right into the parking space behind the house.
- The gate on the right is for TRENGROVE and the gate on the left is for TREVENNA.
In Pelynt village (1½ miles) you’ll find two very good grocery shops, both with convenient parking in front of the door. Boxall’s Spar Shop and Post Office is in the centre of the village, it sells a wide range of chilled and organic produce, including local cheeses, hams, lots of other delicatessen products, groceries, fresh fruit and vegetables, toiletries, newspapers, magazines, wines, spirits, hot snacks and stationery. It also has a cash machine. Opening times are Monday to Saturday 7.30 am until 9pm and Sunday 9am until 6pm. Boxall’s Spar Shop, Tel: 01503 220 239
Pelynt Stores & O’Keeffe’s Traditional Family Butchers, is just opposite the church, behind the Old School. It has an excellent family run butchers (great sausages!) and stocks a wide range of groceries, fresh fruit and vegetables, hot snacks, beers and wines etc. Opening times are Monday to Saturday 5am until 7pm and Sunday 8am until 6pm. Pelynt Stores and Joe O’Keeffe’s, Tel: 01503 220 636
Opening times for both stores can vary over Public Holidays.
You’ll also find various shopping opportunities in Looe (6 miles), including Pengelly’s Fish Market (great fresh fish and seafood direct from the quay!), Co-Op stores, Quayside Fresh selling a wide selection of fruit, vegetables and dairy along with meat from Warren’s Butchers, a Boots Chemist, Post Office etc. There are Morrison’s and ALDI supermarkets in Liskeard (7½ miles), ASDA and Sainsbury’s in Bodmin (14 miles), Waitrose and LIDL in Saltash (18 miles).
- Check-In 16:00 Check-Out 10:00
- Strictly No Smoking inside Trengrove or Trevenna. Evidence of smoking and/or damage from smoking will result in 100% deposit forfeit.
- The cleaning fee covers general house cleaning and laundry costs. Please leave the cottage in a neat and tidy condition, be sure to wash and put away all dishes, pans, glasses etc and empty the dishwasher. To avoid a deduction from your deposit to cover extra cleaning costs we politely ask that you follow these guidelines.
- Do not wash glasses in the dishwasher. Only by hand!
- Report any damage or breakages before you check out.
- No naked flames, candles, tea lights etc.
- Do not store matches, lighters, newspaper, kindling, firelighters and coal too close to the wood-burner.
- The wood-burner gets very hot; supervise children at all times!
- When using the word-burner keep the glass viewing door closed at all times.
- There are matches to light the wood-burner in your cottage: take care with children!
- Do not leave cigarette ends in the garden.
- Please poop-scoop in the garden after your dogs, and dispose of waste appropriately in a securely tied plastic bag.
- No dogs in the bedrooms, (stair gates are provided in Trengrove Cottage), bathrooms or on the furniture.
- Dogs should never, under any circumstances be left in the cottages or gardens unattended.
- Towels should not be used for the beach.
- Please return all DVDs to their protective cases after use.
- Some DVDs are not suitable for children, please use your discretion.
- Many of the games contain counters, dice, figures etc (warning: some can be dangerous for small children), we ask that you please take great care of the game pieces, supervise children, and ensure everything is placed safely and correctly back in the appropriate box so that our other guests can enjoy them without disappointment. Thank you!
- If disposing of used nappies please tie them securely in a plastic bag before putting in the dustbin.
- Your hot water supply is constant, powered by the dual boiler with the central heating. Please take care as the water will be very hot.
- The heated towel rails are on constantly (when the central heating is activated) and are very hot. Please take care, especially with small children!
- Please remember to turn the central heating off when going out. Leaving the bathroom doors open, as well as the bedroom doors, will enable the heat from the towel rails to circulate.
- The use of Trengrove Cottage and Trevenna Cottage is entirely at the guests’ risk. We take no responsibility whatsoever for injuries, damages or loss to you, your car, baggage or any personal belongings incurred whilst staying at Trengrove Cottage or Trevenna Cottage.
- Fire Extinguishers
- TRENGROVE: in the dining area.
- TREVENNA: on the wall by the front door.
We welcome well behaved dogs at Hill House by prior arrangement ONLY (there is a surcharge of £20 per dog, per stay – maximum 2 dogs), the area is dog lover’s paradise. NOTE: Dogs are not permitted in the bedrooms (stair gates are provided in Trengrove), bathrooms or on any of the furniture. Please bring bedding, bowls and towels etc. for your pet, and we ask that you never, under any circumstances, leave them alone in the cottages or gardens whilst you are out or allow them to be noisy or annoy other guests. There are many superb walks from the cottage for both dogs and their owners.
PLEASE REMEMBER: This is a farming area and there is livestock in the neighbouring fields, do not allow your dog out on its own, and do not allow it to harass the animals. We also request that owners clear up thoroughly after their pets, including poop-scooping the garden, and disposing of waste appropriately; securely tied in a plastic bag. Please let us know when booking if you would like to bring a canine friend! Thank you.
We are happy to organise logs, kindling and firelighters for your arrival. The cost is £20, which includes logs, kindling and firelighters, which should last 3-4 evening depending on usage. Further supplies can be bought from both local shops in Pelynt. Please let us know when booking if you would like us to organise your wood-burner supplies. If using the wood-burner be sure to read the section ‘Wood-Burner’ in the cottage’s Welcome Manual before lighting the stove.
To help you make the most of your stay at Hill House, you will find a Welcome Manual in your cottage with all the information included on our website plus many helpful tips, safety notes, useful telephone numbers, a map of the hamlet and local walks.